What's new
Reaction score
Hi all, Round 1 just opened up here where I live, and with it there's two Vewlixes with Nesica installed. There's a slight problem with the black diamond one however. Certain games (Blazblue Central Fiction, Ultra Street Fighter 4, the Capcom CPS2/3 games, KoF 13) however, will not run and will freeze up whenever trying to boot. Other games such as Rumble Fish 2 and Akatsuki Blitzkampf boot with no issues. The main menu shows that it's connecting to the server, but when you DO get a game up and running, it says that it can't connect to the Nesys server, so Nesica cards aren't available to use. Any ideas how to fix this? Is there a way to turn off Nesys support in the diagnostics menu, or even a suggestion on how to fix the inability to connect to the server?

Attachments

• 20210722_203927.jpg
    20210722_203927.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 20210722_204421.jpg
    20210722_204421.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 165
The unit likely has failing RAM.
I went and ran the diagnostics and it says it's having trouble connecting to the Nesys server, but I trust what you have to say. Would replacing the RAM help with at least getting the games to boot?

Yep assuming you have the required 1GB of RAM, then replacing the RAM would likely fix the games that wont boot.

As for Nesys, there is no offical way to turn it off. Its offline because its either outside of the NxL service operating hours in Japan or the Round1 doesnt have the VPN router connected / setup properly.

Yep assuming you have the required 1GB of RAM, then replacing the RAM would likely fix the games that wont boot.

As for Nesys, there is no offical way to turn it off. Its offline because its either outside of the NxL service operating hours in Japan or the Round1 doesnt have the VPN router connected / setup properly.
Excellent. I'll pass that on to my other technicians. Hopefully they'll allow us to fix it. Thank you for answering so quickly.

UPDATE: I went and replaced the RAM sticks. After putting everything back in, there was no video signal. Reseated the RAM again, nothing. Checked the PSU, worked fine, and the boot code was 4-3-4-3, indicating that it passed the boot check. After all that, I removed the GPU and ran it off the VGA port on the mobo itself. Still no signal. Finally after all that, I unplugged everything, reseated it all, cleaned it, and still got no video signal. The only other thing I can think of is to reapply thermal paste on the CPU. Otherwise, I'm at my waist end. Any idea on what else there is to check, or is it just dead? It powers on and everything indicates that it's all fine, but even after changing the VGA cable, it yields no signal. I'm losing my mind.

Back