What's new
If it's an original monitor on the F, go in to the menu and set Image size to 1:1. This will only work with an analog video connection, ie. VGA.

See what happens.

Ok hooked up a laptop to my Noir, it does 16:9

I unplugged same vga off the laptop on to my ttx3 and turned it on, it booted in 4:3.

Attachments

• 20230511_220337.jpg
    20230511_220337.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230511_220554.jpg
    20230511_220554.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 49
You keep posting photos of your monitor handling 4:3 the correct way. Stretching is wrong and it seems the designers of the Noir monitor share that opinion. If you want the image to stretch, you may very well need a different monitor in there if the monitor doesn't have a setting to change aspect ratio. But like others have pointed out, you need to make sure your TTX is set to the correct resolution if you want 16:9. Your photos indicate it is not.

Stretching is wrong and it seems the designers of the Noir monitor share that opinion.
Yeah part of the problem is the control board for the monitor is broken and the replacement doesn't work with the OSD either.

I see 4 options here:-
1. Configure TTX3 for 16:9 (720p on stock Noir monitor I think).
2. Use a scaler with the naomi to get a 16:9 image (in lieu of the monitor stretching the image)
3. Replace the monitor with a fully functional one to stretch the image
4. Do nothing, play games, drink beer

So I know very little about these HD cabs, but isn't the reason for them to play 1080p/720 in 16:9?
I have enough cabs for 4:3 but the whole gist of a h2h set up in 16:9 is the only reason to have HD cabs no? Or am I missing something? 🤔
Can I not link a Noir and Viewlix F? That's what I'm trying to do after figuring out why the Noir does only 4:3 when it's very capable of doing 16:9 with other sources.

So I know very little about these HD cabs, but isn't the reason for them to play 1080p/720 in 16:9?
I have enough cabs for 4:3 but the whole gist of a h2h set up in 16:9 is the only reason to have HD cabs no? Or am I missing something? 🤔
Can I not link a Noir and Viewlix F? That's what I'm trying to do after figuring out why the Noir does only 4:3 when it's very capable of doing 16:9 with other sources.
The noir display is defaulting to the resolution/aspect ratio of the source , your TTX3 is outputting in 4:3 once you boot SF4 and the Naomi is 4:3, the vewlix is stretching/fill the image to full screen your noir display could of done that if the control panel and OSD worked

So SF4 is being stretched on Viewlix but not the Noir? That's weird.
I plugged in the laptop and got 16:9, if this was true about the osd I would have totally expected the Noir to force it into 4:3 as well.

So SF4 is being stretched on Viewlix but not the Noir? That's weird.
Not really, its been suggested several times your vewlix settings must be set to stretch/fill screen whereas the noir is showing the native input with no stretching
If it's an original monitor on the F, go in to the menu and set Image size to 1:1. This will only work with an analog video connection, ie. VGA.

See what happens.
You keep posting photos of your monitor handling 4:3 the correct way. Stretching is wrong and it seems the designers of the Noir monitor share that opinion. If you want the image to stretch, you may very well need a different monitor in there if the monitor doesn't have a setting to change aspect ratio. But like others have pointed out, you need to make sure your TTX is set to the correct resolution if you want 16:9. Your photos indicate it is not.

I plugged in the laptop and got 16:9, if this was true about the osd I would have totally expected the Noir to force it into 4:3 as well.
I suspect your laptop detected the Noir display as a native 720P panel hence it outputting a 16:9 image, if you go into your window settings and configure the second display (noir panel) for 480p see what happens.

Last edited:
Not really, its been suggested several times your vewlix settings must be set to stretch/fill screen whereas the noir is showing the native input with no stretching
(also Nem mentioned too!)

This is an extremely valid point because even now im confused about this. Like im pretty sure that the naomi game is only gonna run at 4:3 and etc etc
I didnt even consider that the vewlix could be set to stretch the image. That would easily have you chasing your tail around.

Which is why its nice to take like an output from something you absolutely know what it should behave like and try it on both and divide and conqure what is happening.
Modern displays and even over VGA will send some EDID info (usually) and the monitor and device will kinda shake hands and will find out what its dealing with and setup its aspect and stuff accordingly.

The expected default behavior is that your device says hey im 760p 16:9 etc etc and the monitor will go okay making sure the image is 16:9 and this resolution and sync etc.
The device is set to a specific output and the monitor is set to follow and auto adjust then it will follow the devices instructions. BUT if the monitor is setup so it forcing or bypassing what its being told it will ignore things like aspect ratio or resolution (then things look weird unless you want them to)

Last edited:
Back