What's new

Big_P Big_p

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm.am from Australia I have an MVS, and CPS1 with a chinese multigame B board and cps2 waiting for me to buy the darksoft multi.

I play mainly play streetfighter and shmups, but partial to a good puzzle game and a few rounds of neo turf masters. Hell, if its good I'll probably play it.

When I was younger we used to skip school to spend all day in the arcade. So much so that the local arcade owner taught us how to check and repair the machines and gave us free games for looking after the joint. One day after undergrad, he called me to tell me the arcade was closing and that he had moved everything he could. He said that we could take anything remaining as he had to vacate by the end of the week. I took 2 boxes of game boards without cabs.

I sold a bunch a while back but I kept things I really wanted. Some will never be in a cab (SF2, SF2CE and SF2 hyper fullset gameboards, stickers and other bits) but these 2 creations have come from some of the spares.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Big P Big P (no innuendo, its been my name forever because Capital P Capital P sounds dumb)

Attachments

• 20240505_014424.jpg
    20240505_014424.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to AP mate! Nice set of cabs you have there!

If you're ever looking to offload any boards/cabs, let me know as I'm always on the lookout for more PCB's :D

Greetings from across the Tasman. The 80s and 90's (and even early 00's) were a fun time for Arcade lovers down-under. Sounds like you and came away with an amazing collection and amazing memories.

Lots of great Aussie and Kiwi folks here, you'll love it im sure

Welcome

That part where the arcade closing really brought back memories of the arcades when I grew up

Once one arcade closed they all started going soon after

It was quite sad

I recall this big arcade that was two floors

Slowly in the year sections were closed off and it started to shrink

You knew it was going out of business to the point where you didn't even want to go because it was so dead and depressing inside

That part where the arcade closing really brought back memories of the arcades when I grew up

Once one arcade closed they all started going soon after

It was quite sad

I recall this big arcade that was two floors

Slowly in the year sections were closed off and it started to shrink

You knew it was going out of business to the point where you didn't even want to go because it was so dead and depressing inside
Yeah definitely what was even harder for me was thinking that I had probably only dropped in a few times to say hi and maybe only put a few dollars through the machines in the last few years. Even though the arcade experience was better from both a social and game play pov console gaming was cheap dirty quick and easy, you don't realise what you are missing until it's gone.

Catching up with mates for a few rounds of SF or a single credit play through of strikers has brought back so many memories for all of us. So the money spent getting the game boards up and running in a few cabs had been well worth it.

Welcome aboard mate!

Sounds like you're pretty much from the same era as I was.. 94-99 was the peak of my arcade life (high school)

Welcome aboard mate!

Sounds like you're pretty much from the same era as I was.. 94-99 was the peak of my arcade life (high school)
Yep pretty much spot on, started on sf 2 ww at the local video rental store a few years before high school and can remember the older guys teaching me "big circle" fireball", ittle circle "uppercut" and showing me magic throw, handcuffs and statue. Had stopped visiting the arcade daily by 1999.

haha yeah WW I only used guile for the invisible throws..

Hyper fighting I then learnt to use Ryu and have pretty much used him since :D

My setup at home is highly influenced on the "nostalgia".

Fighting games, shmups, drivers and time crisis.

haha yeah WW I only used guile for the invisible throws..

Hyper fighting I then learnt to use Ryu and have pretty much used him since :D

My setup at home is highly influenced on the "nostalgia".

Fighting games, shmups, drivers and time crisis sounds pretty much like a perfect setup. I like the idea of time crisis, I have toyed with the idea of getting what I think is a Namco system22 up and running. A project for the future.

Awesome cabs. Non-Japanese cabs need more love around here.

Welcome to our nerdy, cozy little corner of the internet. If you have any questions about superguns, building arcade sticks, or vintage stereo gear please feel free to reach out as those are my areas of knowledge. I also do a mean packing job on PCBs so if you sell anything here and want any advice on packaging please reach out :thumbup:

Awesome cabs. Non-Japanese cabs need more love around here.

Welcome to our nerdy, cozy little corner of the internet. If you have any questions about superguns, building arcade sticks, or vintage stereo gear please feel free to reach out as those are my areas of knowledge. I also do a mean packing job on PCBs so if you sell anything here and want any advice on packaging please reach out :thumbup:
That's great. I definitely will, I have a few spare pcbs around the place that I really should sell at some point if I am not going to use them abs parking advice will certainly be required. Thanks

Back