What's new
I may have done it incorrectly, but all I simply did was - copied the existing mame folder from chunksins build, then renamed the mame.exe of the latest gm build to mame64.exe, copied all the contents to the mame directory, edited the mame.ini file to the correct folders and everything seems to have worked using the latest gm build - upgraded to be able to play me driller 2/g

Hey @mR_CaESaR!

First, I did'nt explain well enough my problem. After trying my approach to upgrade gm things seemed to work, until I found out that many roms that should run without problem (like Alien vs Predator os some Street Fighter) would give me a "no display signal" when being loaded.

I thought this was because of a wrong gm upgrade.

Now I've tried it your way, and the problem with the same roms persist. Feel like is a problem with my romset maybe. Trying to find out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for helping me, happy drilling.

Edit: I used a LCD that displays 15khz to get things working. If the signal is set to15khz only some roms work. In standard resolution the problem disappears.

Last edited:
I see. I think that definitely sounds like it's rom specific.

I unfortunately haven't come across any issues thus far with the games I play after the upgrade. That being said, I haven't tested every single game yet in my list.

No worries!

After a new fresh install the issue seems to be solved, I don't know what the problem was though.

Last edited:
Back