What's new

Kujako

Champion
Reaction score
Trying to hook some different systems up to my Viewlex, and hitting the issue that the systems are looking for a HDMI EDID and the LCD is DVI only. Tried various EDID emulators that I have, but none seem to work. Wondering if anyone out there has found a solution.

Thanks,

Picked up an Extron 101H on the ebays, it has a handful of built in EDID settings. No 768p, but I'll be happy enough if I can get 720p working. Will try it once it arrives from wherever it is currently.
s-l1600.jpeg

with the Extron 101H you are able to store the EDID of desired Display, hence the 1366 x 768 you are looking for.
You can do this via Rotary Switch as described on the product or via PCS (Product Configuration) Software, for that however you would need to request access from an
Extron Sales Manager in your country since they are strict on providing access to their Software and even Marketing Material...
It is further also possible to get a "Custom ID" created by Extron (usually for real strange EDIDs like in VideoWall applications) but also this would need to go via personal request to Extron.
You should be fine with the EDID 101H. In case not, let me now

EDIT: I checked the manual and DIP A "ON", DIP B "OFF" Rotary Switch Position 7 should be what you are looking for: 1366 x 768 @60Hz no Audio
Keep in mind: The EDID emulatoe is not a scaler, it can only inform the source which EDID is needed, if graphics card of source is not able to deliver this it won't work...

Last edited:
“different systems” which systems are you trying to connect?
Some weird off-brand Chinese emulators and a Raspberry Pi to start with, some more modern consoles later. Building a PS3 compatible USB adapter for my DB15 controller harness and wanted to see what I could get working. The Pi I could just reconfigure, but I want to add a HDMI>DVI with audio extractor for some of the other systems.

Edit: it also may be that the EDID is not the issue, but I want to eliminate it if I can.

Last edited:
When I had an L I was able to connect anything to it using an hdmi switch that would by pass the hdmi requirements by the consoles etc and I used a DVI to HDMI cable.

When I had an L I was able to connect anything to it using an hdmi switch that would by pass the hdmi requirements by the consoles etc and I used a DVI to HDMI cable.
Yeah that's kind of what I have going right now via an OSSC for most boards, but I'm looking for a single channel HDMI solution (as opposed to a switch). Hoping the Extron does it, and if not it'll get added to the big pile of Extron gear I have in my closet.

Dr. HDMI has historically been my go-to for EDID emulation. It is not cheap, but it works, and has some cool features (multiple EDID banks, ability to dump EDID data to file via PC, ability to upload from PC etc.).

Good luck with it!

Dr. HDMI has historically been my go-to for EDID emulation. It is not cheap, but it works, and has some cool features (multiple EDID banks, ability to dump EDID data to file via PC, ability to upload from PC etc.).

Good luck with it!

Cheaper on the ebays, but still expensive. Might consider it if the Extron doesn't work (but if the Extron wont work even at 720p there's something else going on I thinks).

I own several many various extron devices and they don't let me down. I use the EDID capture on the dvi-rgb 200 if I'm not mistaken.

Took awhile to get the EDID emulator up and running due to a missing power supply, and it failed to address the problem. Thinking it's handshake not EDID.

Back