What's new

Kujako

Champion
Reaction score
Looking to put locks back on my Viewlex 'C' cabinet, but none of the lock sets I have on hand are quite the right size (depth of the locking arm). Anyone know what I should look for?

Because you are using English measurement locks, VLX is Japanese/metric.

Official is LY-1153 for everything (PCB-door, control panel, coin-door, rear-hatch) except coin box...
Coin box is First (each key/lock set is unique) with security ring combo.

Picture of keys from manual (First dimple key in bottom image)...
ttVSz7a.png

Close up of LY-1153 key...
wm3Bmig.jpg

Security ring used in conjunction with first lock on coin box.
qR4S73F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you are using English measurement locks, VLX is Japanese/metric.

Official is LY1153 (tubular key) for everything but coin box, that is first (dimple key).

Finding some LY1153's isn't going to happen unfortunately, which is why I'm looking for the size so I can find an alternative. Not found LY-1153 lock dimensions listed either. To be clear, it's the cam and cam arm depth that I'm looking for.

Last edited:
OVS@taito.co.jp

E5000630A LOCK LY-1153 SINGLE(F750-MSDS) @JPY1,040
E5000631A KEY LY-1153(F750-MSDS) @JPY650

Sorry I don't have the First lock/key part number, I think @KinG_SoPa might have it.

Looks like I have a line on some LY-1153s from another board member. More than I was intending to spend on this, but the time to buy something is when it's for sale. Once I have them I'll bust out the calipers and list measurements.

Last edited:
17.4mm depth.... that's a weird size.
When it comes to the coin box, that security ring adds some thickness as well.
You CAN install the lock without it, but the tang is very close (sometimes scraps) to the housing.

17.4mm depth.... that's a weird size. But thanks for the links! Will compare against some measurements I've taken and against the locks I just bought.

Yeah, I think the closest people recommend for US is 5/8” which is close but not quite

So now that I have the locks, I've taken some measurements and can confirm it's 17.4mm depth. 5/8s inches should be close enough (a bit under at 0.625inch vs 17.4mm at 0.685inch so 0.05inch under give or take). But, a lot of these locks have a bit of slack which may cause the aforementioned rattle.

Back