What's new
I still don't understand. Maybe my translation is wrong and interfered by hat. I don't know if hat is openjvs hat? In addition, I don’t know which interface USB tube B is.
I think what you said is very detailed, but my translation is not accurate, and I don’t dare to connect the wires at will. I once repaired the PS2 network card and burned out the network card function on the PS2 motherboard. I changed the PS1 to a 213 optical drive and burned the motherboard. Now I am afraid that something will burn out again.
Please help me teach me the wiring diagram based on this picture.

Attachments

• 1715484761904.png
    1715484761904.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 10
  • OpenJVS.jpg
    OpenJVS.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Usb b is this guy. Connects to your 256 (or my naomi)
IMG_2153.jpeg

You can plugged wired controllers in the pi

IMG_2154.jpeg

I understand, a picture is worth a thousand words.
1. Insert the 40-pin female port of OpenJVS into the 40-pin male port of Raspberry Pi 4, and overlap the two boards.
2. The 4 USB ports on the Raspberry Pi can be plugged into wired controllers, joysticks, and racing steering wheel hardware devices.
3. The hat interface on OpenJVS is connected to the USB interface of namco system 256 arcade for wireless Bluetooth control of namco system 256 arcade.

Although I understood this step, starting from step 5, I couldn't connect to Bluetooth and couldn't detect or recognize my Bluetooth controller.

Attachments

• 未命名 -1.jpg
    未命名 -1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 5
Looks like your dualsense was not in discovery mode.
Try again.

Or perhaps you have a wired controller to try? it's a little easier for a first try ;)

Last edited:
Next you need to modify config.txt, adding the following to the bottom of the file.
If you're on a Pi4 add:
dtoverlay=uart3
dtoverlay=uart4
Next you must modify cmdline.txt
Remove the initial serial console line, from console up to the first space. It should look similar to the following line:
console=serial0,115200
Safely remove the SD card, place it into the Pi and then boot it.

Configuring the Pi & Installing OpenJVS​

You now need to find the Pi's IP Address. You can either do this by looking on your router's web page, or by downloading a network scanning application. The fastest way is to make a ping to the Hostname you set on the OS Settings.

ping raspberrypi.local

You should see the IP address in the ping command response. Use it to SSH into the Pi with the credentials you set on the OS Settings.

ssh <user>@<ip_address>

You should now be logged in and you should be able to see a prompt.

If you're using a Pi3, there's more to do to disable bluetooth. Run the following:

sudo systemctl disable hciuart

Now you need to install the required dependencies

sudo apt install git cmake evtest

Clone openjvs

git clone https://github.com/openjvs/openjvs

Make and install OpenJVS

cd openjvs
make
sudo make install

Configuring OpenJVS​

Let's configure OpenJVS. To tell OpenJVS how to communicate with JVS, run the following command:

ls /dev/ttyAMA*

This command should list the serial ports available to your Raspberry Pi. The number can change depending on your Pi's model and OS (Usually there is one port available for the Pi3 and two for the Pi4). Pick the lowest ttyAMA port that appears and write it down, as we're gonna use it later.

Now, let's use your favourite text editor to edit /etc/openjvs/config.

sudo nano /etc/openjvs/config

Set default game to rotary, this will tell OpenJVS to use the rotary controller.

DEFAULT_GAME rotary

Set the sense line type to 2.

SENSE_LINE_TYPE 2

And now set the Device Path with the number we found when listing the serial peripherals.

DEVICE_PATH /dev/ttyAMA<number>

Save the file and exit the editor.

Finally, we can make OpenJVS start on boot.

sudo systemctl enable openjvs
sudo systemctl start openjvs

Note: You must then stop OpenJVS running with sudo systemctl stop openjvs if you want to then run it locally for testing.
And if you want you can view the OpenJVS Logs.

sudo journalctl -u openjvs

Is it because I didn’t pair successfully because I need to do the above operations?

You just pasted the quick start from https://github.com/OpenJVS/OpenJVS/blob/master/docs/hat-quickstart.md

You do not need to play with that with the wipi image, it's already configured for you.

Did you try again to put the dual sense in discovery mode? with the dual sense off, press both buttons and it should flash blue like this:

When in discovery mode, you should be able to see it with any bluetooth device, exemple my iphone sees it :
IMG_2201.jpg

Can your phone see it?!

My ps5 controller has been recognized and connected, and it is displayed, but I don’t know how to set the key mapping.Steps 6 and 7 above cannot be performed
1715936713686.jpeg
1715936725117.jpeg
1715936740855.jpeg

hey congratulations on getting it recognized! :)
You are almost there but you have disabled the config file.

Let's try again:

Go here and hit DELETE
IMG_2224.jpg

You should now have this. Go and hit configure. now the second you do, the input assignment starts (with the test button first)
IMG_2225.jpg

here I missed the input for test since the screen is not displayed before it times out and skips it ... and goes to the next input.
when it does, hit the proper button and it should assign it

IMG_2226.jpg

and finally you should have this
IMG_2223.jpg

Give it a try !

1716046467243.png

This is the key mapping I set up, but there are a few issues
1. It is easy to miss when setting the key mapping or the same key is repeated to the next key.
2. How should I save or operate it after setting it up? Because after I set it up, there is still no response, that is, I still cannot use the key positions I just set.

Last edited:
Back