What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Not too long ago I came across an F3 board that was powering on but not showing anything on screen. I tracked this down to a sync fault and was able to repair it, but this made me remember that there are people who have boards that have failed as they have adjusted the sync voltage pot and damaged the board doing so.

While I am not sure the board I repaired had suffered that fate it led me to thinking it is possible the same fix may work on the damaged boards where the pot had been adjusted.

Is there anyone out there who has an F3 board where they have adjusted the sync voltage pot and killed the board, who would be willing to send it to me so I can determine if this fix would apply?

I am happy to pay shipping to me depending where it is coming from and if I am successful, you will get a shoutout in the writeup and your board back working.

Hop on this! Can highly co-sign @xodaraP and his repair skills/service.

And yeah it’s so very unfortunate the voltage adjustment port looks EXACTLY like a volume adjustment port. It always catches me off guard too, and then I remember the volume is adjusted per game in the settings mode on the F3.

Back