What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
As the NAC kick harness is a 10posi conn. - 5 posi 1P (1-5) and 5 posi 2P (6-10).
From there is 4x push buttons and 1x gnd for each player. Why four push buttons if only three are necessary to play SF2?
Maybe that kick harness is used to play Namco or other system to?

Also, the kick harness itself does have two female mounting plate connector at each end. Why?

The 10 pin connector is used for any 10 wires you need to send up to the control panel. Other than extra buttons you could use it for analog controls, mahjong panels, spinners, and more.

Also fwiw, the pinout for a astro/new astro/blast/vs, looking into the female connector, is typically
p2 lkp1 gndp1 hkp1 mkp1 lk
xx/gndxx/5vp2 gndp2 hkp2 mk

For a naomi, net city, new net city it's
p1 gndp1 7p1 6p1 5p1 4
p2 gndp2 7p2 6p2 5p2 4

I see. Good to know.
And what's the reason for the other end is also a panel mount conn.?
Ps. what is ''fwiw''?
Also, If this harness isnt wired to the jamma loom, but only to the cps bd, how to use the xx gnd and the 5v? I mean, where are they wired?

greathopper : I think these are directly wired to the jamma

Attachments

• Sans titre-1.jpg
    Sans titre-1.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
fwiw = for what it's worth.
xx = no connection, not wired to anything. on a blast/vs city pins 9 and 10 are wired to 5v and gnd on the io board. On an astro they are just two more wires you can do whatever with.

i assume the end inside the cabinet is a panel mount because that's what they had on hand when building it.

what problem are you trying to solve?

Thanks for the infos. I'll let you know when I'll finish the drawing.

Back