What's new

Opelspyder

Student
Reaction score
I have a working HOTD4 hard drive, but the game has all the Chinese or Japanese subtitles in it, I don’t know why it annoys me, but it does. Anybody have the US version? I would assume all I needed was a new hard drive, but please correct me if not. I’d be glad to swap as well if someone wanted this version.

I realize that, I just don’t have a DVD rom drive to hook up to the PC to download it, so if someone has a harddrive with it already installed, I’d just rather purchase that

I believe the motherboard region dictates the game language. You would need to swap the region on the motherboard or replace the motherboard entirely.

Region can be swapped with a multiboot image, I think (haven't actually tried this).

@nem Is correct, the region is stored on the eeprom on the motherboard. To change it you need a development key chip (the ones that are supplied with the Lindbergh Multi and the image is now floating around for has development mode enabled).

You need to go into System Information (You'll see DEVELOP MODE YES if you've got a developer keychip in) and press the service button like 30 times. Then press test once and you'll unlock a menu item that allows you to change the region.

Reactions: nem
Back