What's new

rememberizer

Student
Reaction score
I want to run the M5 hack on my CPS1 by burning some ROMs but I can't find the converted ROM anywhere. The only mention I can find was from posts by Drakon and the links on his posts are dead. Would anyone happen to have it? The FBA rom sets don't have the one that works on CPS1 unfortunately.

I rarely use mame and i can't figure out which roms inside the big SF2CE file are the M5 p roms. How do I find out?

After looking over Drakon’s notes, it’s clear he did a lot of work to make m5 payable on a non-bootleg board. The original roms (in MAME) are from a bootleg pcb so they won’t just run on original hardware.

I am not sure if his m5 roms survived but there seem to be two derived rom hacks in HBMAME, sf2ced and sf2ceda, that use the code as a base. I can try those out when I’m back near my boards, but you could give those a shot too.

Não tenho certeza se posso verificar isso. se puder, faça o teste e depois me diga o resultado aqui, por favor

Depois de examinar as anotações de Drakon, fica claro que ele trabalhou muito para tornar o m5 pagável em um painel não pirata. Os roms originais (no MAME) são de um pcb bootleg, portanto, não serão executados apenas no hardware original.

Não tenho certeza se seus m5 roms sobreviveram, mas parece haver dois hacks de rom derivados no HBMAME, sf2ced e sf2ceda, que usam o código como base. Posso experimentar quando estiver perto das minhas pranchas, mas você também pode tentar.
você é um gênio. que rom sf2ceda é apenas rom m5, m7. depois de tanto procurar, finalmente consegui com a sua ajuda. Muito obrigado

After looking over Drakon’s notes, it’s clear he did a lot of work to make m5 payable on a non-bootleg board. The original roms (in MAME) are from a bootleg pcb so they won’t just run on original hardware.

I am not sure if his m5 roms survived but there seem to be two derived rom hacks in HBMAME, sf2ced and sf2ceda, that use the code as a base. I can try those out when I’m back near my boards, but you could give those a shot too.
you are a genius. that rom sf2ceda is just the rom m5, m7 . after so much searching I finally got it with your help. Thank you very much

This version is not 100% the m5 versión, for example... the opponent doesn't change fighter when he is almost dead, in the m5 version of mame or bootleg pcb board the opponent changes fighter, drakon said he had to do some modifications copy and paste files to solve a sprite problem, it is possible that when trying to solve this problem some details of the game were suppressed like the one I have indicated. In the m7 version there is also this detail and it is not in this version of hbmame. This detail is very important to me, it makes the game more authentic and fun, what a disappointment. Thanks for the info anyway.

This version is not 100% the m5 versión, for example... the opponent doesn't change fighter when he is almost dead, in the m5 version of mame or bootleg pcb board the opponent changes fighter, drakon said he had to do some modifications copy and paste files to solve a sprite problem, it is possible that when trying to solve this problem some details of the game were suppressed like the one I have indicated. In the m7 version there is also this detail and it is not in this version of hbmame. This detail is very important to me, it makes the game more authentic and fun, what a disappointment. Thanks for the info anyway.
No, this version is a conversion of M5 to original hardware. If you want to play M5, play it on HBMAME or one of the bootleg cps1 pcbs.

As for the detail 'missing' from m7 in hbmame, I would suggest that you were not playing M7 because the one in HBMAME is what the community calls m7. There are dozens of other options, give them a try? https://github.com/Robbbert/hbmame/...2e6b608ee78b/src/mame/drivers/cps1.cpp#L14475

If you don't find a revision that plays how you remember, it could just be undumped. But it's not that the M7 version in HBMAME is wrong somehow. Maybe you can find the pcb and dump it, and they will happily add it.

No, this version is a conversion of M5 to original hardware. If you want to play M5, play it on HBMAME or one of the bootleg cps1 pcbs.

As for the detail 'missing' from m7 in hbmame, I would suggest that you were not playing M7 because the one in HBMAME is what the community calls m7. There are dozens of other options, give them a try? https://github.com/Robbbert/hbmame/...2e6b608ee78b/src/mame/drivers/cps1.cpp#L14475

If you don't find a revision that plays how you remember, it could just be undumped. But it's not that the M7 version in HBMAME is wrong somehow. Maybe you can find the pcb and dump it, and they will happily add it.
I don't know if you understand what I mean. I thought that drakon had modified the paths of the roms so that it would boot into an original cps1 but he has modified the game to a decaffeinated version, a shame.The m5 and m7 comparisons with the sf2ceda are compared to the original mame versions and my m5 bootleg pcb
Thanks.

Back